Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cleaning out the closet


Time to clean out my closet for the first time! 
There's a lot of stuff in there but this is one of the major topics that has really been lingering around for a while...

Someone incredibly important in my life has a drug problem. I don't know how to help because I never know when they're doing it. I just wish they understood that they mean so much to me and it hurts me to see them this way. 

Just last weekend we had a talk about this problem and all they could say is that they felt so ashamed. They wanted to stop and go on with their life. They went on to tell me that they were feeling depressed and I had no idea what to do or say. Of course I told them that I loved them, I wanted them to be happy because they deserved it and I wanted them to stop using but I feel like it just went in one ear and out the other. 

It had been 3 days since I last spoke to them and the first thing they did was get into a defense mode because I had asked where they have been. The defense mode led to anger, which led to name calling, and ultimately led to them breaking down. 

It's so hard for me because I see the good in them, 
I see that they have such a bright future ahead of them 
and they continue to use. 

I just want some help to know what my part should be in their recovery. 

1 comment:

  1. nothing much you can do except be there for them. Sorry to hear that you have to deal with such an issue. Life will pass by and i hope everything works out for the better ♥ {found ur post on cleaning out the closet}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...